Monday, March 26, 2018

Keto Cinnamon Muffins



What?! Keto Muffins?!

Yes, it true, you can have baked goods with keto!  You just need to make a few adjustments and tweaks to recipes.

I am so glad that I learned that about keto baking.  If I can make things like muffins, cookies and cakes, it's like I'm not even on a diet at all.  Plus, it really helps with all those cravings! I find that most things can be made in a low carb way, which is awesome!  I mean, what's even the point of carbs anyways..?

In this recipe, I used almond flour instead of white flour and Truvia in place of sugar.

Almond Flour is a great low carb flour!  It is pretty much just ground up almonds; therefore lots of good fats and proteins, fiber and low net carbs.  How can you beat that?!

Truvia is a no calorie sweetener made of a blend of erythritol and stevia.  No calorie = no net carbs!  What I love most about Truvia is that it sweetens so much more than sugar or most other low carb sweeteners.  What this means, is that instead of using a cup of sugar, I only need about a third of a cup!  This cuts down on the amount of sugar alternative I use, as well as saving on costs!  Best of both world, I think.

These muffins were actually very easy to make, just mix everything together and bake.  Fast and simple, what more could you want?

I used Silicone Baking Cups for these.  If you have not invested in them before, I strongly suggest you do.  For one, they are reusable - no waste!  Secondly, things don't stick to them, the muffins come out perfectly; no more scrapping muffin chucks off of the paper!

Now, I know you are all wondering if low carb muffins could even taste good? Yes!

The taste of these muffins was pretty good.  They reminded us of banana muffins, which is weird because there are no bananas in this recipe.  They were soft and moist and one muffin was only 1.4 net carbs!  I couldn't believe it.

Enough talk about them, let's get to baking!

 

 Ingredients:
2 cups Almond Flour
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 tbsp Truvia**
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup melted butter

**Please note, if using another low carb sweetener, such as Swerve, you will have to increase the amount - probably about 1/3 cup would work. I taste the batter to determine if enough sweetener was used!








Firstly, beat eggs, cream, Truvia, cinnamon and melted butter together until well mixed.



Next, mix in almond flour and baking powder.



Pour into muffin cups and bake for around 22-25 minutes, until golden brown on the top at 350 degrees.



That's it! You have muffins!  Told you it was easy! 



Here are the nutrition facts, because I know you are all wondering!

I made 12 small muffins with this recipe, so nutrition facts are based on this, each muffin contains:

Fat = 15.5g
Protein = 5.1g
Carbohydrates = 4.1g
Fiber = 2.7
Net Carbs = 1.4



No comments:

Post a Comment