Sunday, June 3, 2018

My Zero Carb Meal Plan

Please note, this is what I ate for my zero carb challenge.  I am not a nutritionist nor a doctor, so I cannot determine if this meal plan would work for you.

My macro goals for this week were:

1,200 Calories
0% Carbs (0g)
75% Fat (100g)
25% Protein (75g)

Now, before I start, I do realize that products such as cheese and heavy whipping cream and probably the sausage and pepperoni sticks, do have trace carbs.  The tracker on MyFitnessPal does say I ate 0g of carbs, but I'm sure when all the trace carbs were added up, it was probably averaged to around 3g per day.

I did follow a mainly carnivorous diet, with the exception of 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil that I used in my coffee.

You may also notice that I did this entire week without the addition of eggs.  I do not like eggs so I did not eat them.  This meal plan just goes to show that you can do a zero carb challenge without eggs, but of course, if you do like eggs, add them in!  Just remember, like the cheese and cream, eggs also have trace carbs.

If you want to see my thoughts, experiences and results from following this meal plan, I will link that post here.

Day 1 - Sunday

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Chicken Breast from Nando's with 2 tbsp butter

Dinner: Pork loin strips with 1 tbsp butter and 60g of cheese of the side

**Notes: This day we do go out for lunch, I made sure to prepare ahead of time to make sure there was something I could eat (we went to the mall food court) and I packed my own side of butter to add extra fat.





Day 2 - Monday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch: 30g cheese, 50g garlic sausage, 1 mini pepperoni stick

Dinner: 8oz Steak with 1 tbsp butter

**Notes: I cooked a huge steak for dinner and save just under half for lunch the next day.  Weight was uncooked.






Day 3 - Tuesday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch: 5oz Steak with 1 tbsp butter

Dinner: 5 Cheese & Bacon Meatballs

**Notes: Lunch was leftover steak from night before. Weight was uncooked.







Day 4 - Wednesday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch: 50g garlic sausage, 30g cheese and 2 mini pepperoni sticks

Dinner: 140g chicken breast, 2 turkey lunch meat slices, and 1 serving cheese sauce (equivalent to 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream & 15g cheese)

**Notes: Weight of chicken was uncooked.  I made 4 servings of sauce; 2 for my husband's dinner, 1 for my dinner and 1 for my lunch the next day.

Full sauce recipe is 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 60g cheese.  Melt everything in sauce pan on medium heat until smooth.




Day 5 - Thursday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch:  140g chicken breast, 2 turkey lunch meat slices, and 1 serving cheese sauce (1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream & 15g cheese)

Snack: 30g cheese

Dinner: 2 chicken thighs with 1 tbsp of butter and 4 slices bacon

**Notes: Lunch was my leftover dinner from the night before.  Weight of chicken was uncooked.  This was also the only day that I had a snack. 





Day 6 - Friday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch:  2 chicken thighs with 1 tbsp butter and 15g cheese

Dinner: 200g ground beef with 1 tbsp butter and 30g cheese

**Notes: Lunch was leftover dinner from the night before.  Weight of ground beef was uncooked.






Day 7 - Saturday

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Lunch: 60g cheese, 50g suasage, 2 mini pepperoni sticks

Dinner: 140g pork ribs, 4 slices bacon, tea with 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream.

**Notes: Weight of meat was cooked.








No comments:

Post a Comment