Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bacon & Cheese Meatballs



These are ZERO CARB.

What?!

Yes, that's correct. Zero Carb and delicious!  I'm sure if you eat all of them, it will add up to 1-2 carbs due to trace carbs in the cheese, egg and spices, but it's pretty darn zero, especially if eating just a couple.

Let me warn you though, this does not look pretty when coming out of the oven, with all the grease coming out, the pan just looks like a giant mess.  However, bear through it, pick the meatballs out and you will not be disappointed!

These are perfect on their own, or you could add them to some noodles (or zoodles!) and make a pasta dish.

You can add whatever cheese you want.  I, personally, used white cheddar and they turned out great! But mozzarella, swiss or any other kind of cheese would work just as good and probably be just as delicious!

I must admit, since this recipe only uses egg as a binder and no flours or anything, forming the balls can be a bit difficult, as they don't like to keep their shape very well.  I recommend sticking the meat mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes or so to help firm it up.  This is especially useful when making the little wells for the cheese and bacon.

By the way, I also decided that I would try to actual film and make a video of one of my recipes.  So, watch the video below and bear with the horrible editing.  Just try to remember, this was my first video and my first time editing.  I promise it will get better!  If you like the videos and think I should make more in the future, let me know!  Like and subscribing would be awesome! And if you don't like it, let me know that as well! Leave hate comments and thumbs down! I want to know if it's worth it or just a waste of my time...


RECIPE 

Ingredients:
400g ground beef
1 large egg
60g cheese, cut into chunks
3.5 tbsp bacon bits
1-2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp onion powder



Directions:
1. Mix together ground beef, egg and spices


2. Separate and roll into 11 balls and place on a lined baking pan


3. Form little wells, or holes, into each ball


4. In each well, place approximately 5g of cheese and top with approximately 1 tsp of bacon bits.


5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
6. Let sit and cool for 5 minutes before taking meatballs off pan
7. Enjoy!



Nutrition Facts:
per one meatball 







No comments:

Post a Comment