Saturday, June 16, 2018

Simple Keto Meals

One thing that I've learned while doing keto is that you don't have to go crazy with meals.  You do not need to have some over-the-top crazy meal that takes hours to prepare.



A lot of my go to meals are super simple and fast.  I tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over; but when you've found something you like, it makes things so much easier.

When I first started my low carb diet, I never knew what to eat for lunches or dinner and I'd spend hours on sites like Pinterest trying to plan meals.  However, everything seemed so complex and unnecessary.  Do I really need to make a elaborate zucchini lasagna every night or steak and egg muffins for breakfast every morning? Absolutely not.

So here are some of my go-to low carb and keto friendly meals, that will not take hours to prepare and are so simple that anyone can make it.

Breakfast
Keto Coffee - You can literally put any fats you like in this.  My current keto coffee is: coffee, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp whipping cream, 1 tbsp MCT oil and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and I have this every weekday morning. This can also be done with tea!

Eggs - Make them anyway you want! Scrambled, boiled, omelette!

Bacon - you really can't go wrong with bacon.  This is a usual weekend breakfast for me.

Sausages - just make sure you check the nutrition label for added carbs!



Lunch
Lettuce wraps - fill with meat, pickles, mayo and anything else you may want!

Meatballs - this used to be a go to lunch for me.  Frozen meatballs with a bit of cheese and butter thrown in the microwave for 1 minute. Great for work, if you have access to a microwave



Sausage & Cabbage - another go to for me.  Cut up some sausage and fry it up with some cabbage.  Add some butter or Alfredo sauce for flavour!



Meat & Cheese - don't have access to a microwave?  Cut up some meat and cheese and have a snack plate.



Dinner
Bunless Burgers - get the frozen ones, cook them up and add topping of your choice! My favourite is sour cream, bacon and cheese!



Salads - Taco salads, Ceaser Salads,  Cobb salad.  All easy and filling!  I have a ceaser salad as a side dish most nights.



Meat and veggies - Chicken, steak, pork chops, ribs, whatever you like! Cook some meat up and eat with a side of broccoli, cauliflower or brussel sprouts.



Loaded Broccoli - This is more of a side dish, and great to add to the meat above.  Broccoli topped with sour cream, cheese and bacon bits. You can do this with mashed cauliflower as well!



Ground Meat & Cheese - Add some cauliflower rice and alfredo sauce and fry it all up in a pan for a quick meal.


Snacks
Whipping cream & Cream Cheese - Whip up some whipping cream with equal parts cream cheese for a delicious snack.  Add any sugar substitute of choice (or sugar free drink mix) to make it into a sweet dessert 

Fat Bombs - pretty much, just a mix of butter, cream, coconut oil and whatever other fats/flavours you can come up with!  Separate into balls and freeze for easy snacking! (Check out my Raspberry ones)



Cheese - cheese slices - what more can I say?

Dark Chocolate -  90% dark chocolate or low carb chocolate bars sweetened with Stevia are great for a sweet tooth


Finding low carb meal ideas really isn't that hard.  If you just stick with the basics, you will do fine! As you get more into the hang of the low carb lifestyle, it will become easier to come up with your own, more creative concoctions!  Just find what you like and stick with it

And of course, remember to check out my recipes and my Instagram for more meal inspirations!




No comments:

Post a Comment