Thursday, April 19, 2018

Keto Cheese Sauce

This has got to be my most requested recipe.  I've posted it on my Instagram many times, and each and every time I have people asking for the recipe.I mean, it's no surprise - it is cheese sauce after all.

And who doesn't love cheese?

This is my go to recipe when I am in need of extra fat in my day.  I know everyone who does keto and tracks macros has had those days when they reach dinnertime and realize that they are falling way short on the fat count.

With 20g of fat and only 1.8g net carb per serving, this cheese sauce is the perfect addition to any meal on those fat-lacking days.  And to be honest, you can definitely get away with a double serving, if needed!

I usually make a side of cheese sauce for dinner and smother it all over my meat and veggies.  Pork, chicken, beef, broccoli, cauliflower - it tastes great with all of them!  I have even taken a side of sauce with my for lunch and dipped cucumbers into it (and then ate the rest of the sauce on it's own! Shh.. don't judge!)


I will warn you on that last part though - do not take for lunch unless you have access to a microwave! As most of the ingredients used are solids at room temperature, you will not have a 'sauce' unless it is warmed up!

This is also my husband's favourite sauce.  He loves when I serve dinner and he sees that I've made it - he often asks if there is more! I've made non-keto cheese sauces it the past - you know, the ones that include flour and require you to make something fancy sounding called a roux- and I must admit there were many times I just couldn't get it to work.  This recipe, however, is no fail (so far at least!)

Before I go ahead and give the ingredients - I'm going to give a small disclaimer - I am Canadian, therefore I do list these ingredients using grams.  If you do not have a gram scale, I'm sorry (told you I was Canadian - ha), but may have to improve a little.  But I will let you know that 30g is approximately 2 tablespoons - you just may have a bit of trouble measuring it out.

Ingredients:
30g shredded cheese
30g cream cheese
30g heavy cream
15g butter
water, as needed

Directions:
Mix all ingredients (except water) in saucepan.

Heat on medium heat until everything melts and blends together.

Add water as needed to thin sauce out to desired consistency.




Nutrition:
Servings 2
Per Serving:
Calories =192
Fat =19.9g
Protein =5.4g
Carbs =1.8g
Fiber =0g
Net Carbs =1.8g




No comments:

Post a Comment