Monday, April 16, 2018

Simple Keto Peanut Butter Cookies



I can guarantee you that this will be the easiest cookie recipe you will ever make (maybe..)


Keto.
Simple.
Delicious.
5 ingredients

I mean, how can you go wrong?

I mean, not only are these sugar free, they are gluten free, flour free, soy free and dairy free!  You could even substitute the peanut butter for almond butter and make it peanut free!

If you have young children, this would be a great recipe to make with them - super easy, and quick.  They don't even need much of an attention span to stay interested.

I altered a standard recipe that I used to make when I was younger.  I believe most people would have made this; in fact, I think I found it on a peanut butter label way back in the day (maybe it's still on there!).

Basically, I just used a sugar substitute for the sugar, so I can't take credit for this recipe, but I think everyone should be aware of it.  It's a great keto snack, especially when you have those sugar/cookie cravings (which we all do!)

These are one of my favourite go to cookies.  I usually freeze them and grab them as a snack as needed (unless my husband gets to them first - then they don't make it to the freezer!)

On that note, I must admit these cookies are definitely better the next day when cooled.  I find that the first day, the cookies are softer and drier than they are once completely cooled.  I'm assuming this is because of the peanut butter and the fact that it is much softer and liquid-ier (is that a word?) when warmer, compared to when cooled.

Ingredients:
2 cups peanut butter (use the natural stuff!)
3 tbsp truvia**
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla
2tsp baking powder

**If using another sweetener, you will need more - probably about 1/3 cup, but adjust to taste!




Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, until well combined (I use an electric beater)



Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet (I made 24!)


Use a fork to press dough down and make those classic peanut butter cookie criss-crosses


 
 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Let cool and enjoy! 






Nutrition Facts
Makes 24 cookies
Per 1 cookie

Calories = 126
Protein = 5.9g
Fat = 9.7g
Carbs = 4.1g
Fiber = 1.3g
Net Carbs = 2.8g 




No comments:

Post a Comment