Sunday, April 22, 2018

Keto Cheesecake Brownies



I posted a picture of one of these delicious brownies awhile ago on my Instagram and I have had so many people ask for the recipe!  Of course, when I had made them back then I hadn't started this blog yet, so I didn't have a recipe to give!

Well, that's about to change!

(It also gives me an excuse to make them again!)

I have to admit, I think this has been my favourite recipe so far.  I remember years ago when I was working at a retail store, there was a little coffee shop up the road.  I would often go there during my lunch breaks; they had the best cheesecake brownies ever!  This was the first place I had encountered them.  Whoever thought of mixing brownies and cheesecake together has to be some kind of genius!

Naturally, this recipe is a combination of a basic cheesecake recipe and a brownie recipe. Who would have thought?

This is a great low carb dessert that definitely satisfies!  The only problem is having the will power not to eat the whole pan in one sitting (My husband does not have this much will power).

Usually when making these brownies, I use Truvia (erythritol/stevia combination) as the only sweetener; however, someone forget to check how much was left in the container before startng to bake..  Thankfully, I also had some liquid stevia in cupboard that I was able to use.  I'm not to used to baking with stevia, so I wasn't too sure how much to add.  I tasted my way through it, though.  So just note, my recipe below includes both stevia and Truvia.  I've added how much sweetener to use, no matter which one you choose.

Also, it's good to make a note about the coconut flour used in this recipe.  If you are not too familiar with baking with coconut flour, you may think that there is not much flour used.  This is because coconut flour is very good at soaking up liquids.  In fact, you may not even need the full 1/4 cup.  It is very important to slowly add the coconut flour to prevent adding too much.  You want it to resemble a wet-brownie batter; it shouldn't be dry like cookie doughs sometimes are.  Point being, I wouldn't recommend adding more coconut flour.  If you don't think it is enough, it probably is.

This recipe comes in at only 180 calories and 2.1g net carbs and is full of chocolate and cheesecake delicious-ness!

Ingredients:
Cheesecake:
1 package (250g/8oz) Cream Cheese
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
15-20 drops Stevia (or 2 tbsp Truvia or 1/4 cup other sweetener)

Brownie:
2 Eggs
4 tbsp Truvia (or 1/2 cup other sweetener)
6 tbsp butter
2.5oz (70g) unsweetened Baker's Chocolate (I used Camino)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Flour

Directions:


Cheesecake:
  1. Beat cream cheese until nice and whipped
  2. Add egg, vanilla and stevia, beat until well mixed
  3. Set aside.


Brownie:

  1. Melt chocolate and butter together (I did this in the microwave in 20 second intervals). Set aside and let cool

  2. In another bowl, beat together egg and sweetener.
  3. Add vanilla, salt and baking powder.
  4. Add chocolate in small increments (especially in still warm) and beat together until well mixed
  5. Add coconut flour in small increments and stir together until brownie batter forms.


Final Steps:
  1. Grease or line an 8x8 baking pan
  2. Pour half the brownie mix into pan
  3. Pour half the cheesecake mix on top, in globs.
  4. Using a knife or spatula, lightly stir two layers together, to make a 'marbled look'
  5. Repeat above 3 steps with the remaining brownie and cheesecake batters
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes 

  7. Enjoy!

Nutrition:
Servings: 12
Per 1 Serving:
Calories= 180
Fat= 17.7g
Protein= 4.8g
Carbs= 3.7g
Fiber= 1.6g
Net Carbs= 2.1g




No comments:

Post a Comment