Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April 2018 Update

April 1
Weight: 159.6lbs

April Goals
-Start Exercising!
-Calories - 1,200
-Net Carbs - 20g
- Fat - 75% (100g)
- 155lbs

As April comes to an end, it's time to evaluate the last month and see how I did.  Did I meet my goals? If not, how can I improve?

I hope reading this will also inspire some of you out there.  It's important to make note of your goals and evaluate how you are doing.  This will help you stay on track and keep you accountable.

I tried something new this month.  I decided that for the whole month of April I was not going to weigh myself.  Previously, I tracked my weight on a weekly basis.  So this was a bit weird for me; not actually knowing how much I weighed.  To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it.  There was so many times this month that I would look at myself in the mirror and just think to myself: I'm gaining weight, I'm huge! Honestly, I found it kind of discouraging, as I had nothing to compare to.  I couldn't track what I was doing and see if it was working or not.

Exercise

The main reason I wanted to try this new method out was the fact that I wanted to start to exercise this month.  I did not want to look at the scale after a week of exercising and seeing that I didn't drop as much weight as I hoped and have it discouraged me from going to the gym.

And now, I have to be honest with you all.  I did go to the gym, but only 9 times in the entire month... I started out really motivated; I went to the gym 4 times the first week and the 5 times the second week.  I was just start out this exercising thing, so I only spent 30 minutes on the elliptical, but hey, it's still better than nothing!

The 3rd week I fell off the wagon.  I would get home from work late and make excuses - I didn't have time, I needed to make dinner, etc.  Which is lame, I know.  Thirty minutes is nothing, I really had no excuse.  And once I went a few days without going, I just lost more motivation.


Birthday

Okay, so the gym was a disappointment this month - but you know what wasn't?  My Birthday.  My birthday was a huge success.

When I committed to Keto back in February, I was only committed up until my birthday - April 18.  I had planned that on my birthday, I was going to have a major cheat day and eat all the things that I was missing.  I was going to have potato chips, french fries, donuts, milkshakes, pizza, and of course, birthday cake!

However, in the days leading up to my birthday, I decided that I had worked so hard to make it to where I was and I didn't want to have that set back.  Was it worth me losing all the hard work I had done for a few minutes of a delicious taste in my mouth?  Probably not.

We did end up going out for dinner, but instead of getting a carb loaded meal, like I had originally planned, I ordered a steak with a side of brussel sprouts and caeser salad (no croutons, of course!).  And I must admit, it was delicious.  And I was proud of myself.  Proud of being strong and not giving into temptation.

For dessert, there was no birthday cake.  But I did treat myself to a 1/4 cup serving of Halo Top Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream!  It was only 3.5 net carbs, so I couldn't really go wrong there.  I may have also treated myself to 2 of my Keto Peanut Butter Cookies... But hey, I  still did pretty well on my macros for the day and I am definitely proud that I was able to avoid all of the birthday temptations that were coming my way!


Macros

I don't know why, but even though I track my macros every day, I thought I did not too well with them.  However looking back and doing some quick math, my averages were as follows:

Calories: 1,257
Net Carbs:  14.6g
Fat: 96g

These numbers were pretty lined up with my goals for the month.  The fat could have been a bit higher but calories and net carbs were pretty perfect.  Nothing to complain about there!

May 1 Weight
 
This morning, so nervously, I stepped on the scale for the first time in 1 month.  I was so worried that I gained weight or that I had hit a stall and my weight would be unchanged.  But to my surprise, I hit my goal: 155.1 pounds.  I should have been happy with this, but honestly, I had wanted to be just a bit lower, I was secretly aiming for 153lbs.  Nevertheless, I lost almost 5 pounds in one month and that is a great success! Also, that brings my total weight loss to 40lbs!


May Goals

In May, I want to try exercising again!  You know the saying, if at first you do not succeed, try and try again!  I hope this month I can be a bit more motivated!  I will be going back to weighing myself on a weekly basis, as I hope it will help me stay more on track.


My macros were good this last month, so I'm going to stick to the same goals in May - maybe I will try to cut the carbs down a bit. Or at least increase my fiber content, I think this will be helpful.

And as for weight, I want to get into the 140's by June 1st. June 1st will mark the 1 year anniversary of my weight loss journey, not to be confused with my keto journey; this was the date I decided I was going to change my life and I started changing my eating habits.  I think a 50 pound lost in one year would be amazing.

Let's hope I can do it!






No comments:

Post a Comment